This handsome former glebe house is situated on an elevated site overlooking the village of Ballinadee, a small traditional country village serving the surrounding farming community, situated on an inlet of the Bandon River estuary.
It was associated with the Church of Ireland church and graveyard located to the east. According to Lewis, the first rectory was built in 1690 for £250, repaired in 1755 and 1853, and the present building was completed in 1857 for £1,160.
It has maintained much of its traditional character through the retention of historic features including numerous fine sash windows, original tooled limestone sills and a large decorative doorcase and fanlight which form the building's decorative focus. It shares some similarities with its associated church, with the carved granite gate pinnacles matching those on the bell tower.